Whip up this timeless summer meal, and enjoy a delicious twist on your favorite baked chicken dish! Combine savory, real food Primal Kitchen® Organic Mustard, green onions, and lemon with Countertop Golden Butter and Countertop Grill Seasoning for a blast of full-bodied flavor and farmers market nutrition.
Primal Kitchen Mustard
This dish is made extra delicious by our Whole30-Approved and Paleo-Friendly Primal Kitchen Mustard. We've revolutionized one of America's most iconic condiments with organic turmeric and all non-GMO Project verified ingredients. Smoky and savory, this scrumptious spread will have your tastebuds simply begging for more!
Honey Mustard Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Warm a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add two tablespoons of Countertop Golden Butter.
- Remove the chicken bones by cutting away the connective tissue with either a knife or kitchen scissors. Pat them dry with paper towels (don't skip this step - it will help the skin get crispy!).
- Salt the thighs well on both sides.
- Next, season each thigh with a teaspoon of Countertop Grill seasoning. Be sure to season ONLY the flesh side of each thigh. If you season the skin side, it will burn).
- Add the chicken thighs to the hot pan, skin-side down. Let them get golden brown (about 8-10 minutes). Flip them, and pop them into the hot oven to bake for 20 minutes (or until internal registers 165° F).
- In the meantime, chop up the fresh green onion.
- Mix together in a small bowl 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Organic Mustard, 1/4 cup Countertop Golden Honey, and the juice of half a lemon. Stir to combine.
- When the chicken thighs are cooked through, remove them from the oven and slather with the honey mustard sauce.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.