Possibly one of the most comforting, craveable pasta dishes of all time, shrimp alfredo (or lobster alfredo or chicken alfredo or just-noodles-and-sauce alfredo) is a cream-heavy, butter-slicked, carb-rich dish punctuated by nutty-salty-sharp parmesan cheese and speckled with freshly cracked black pepper. A sprinkle of chopped Italian parsley offsets the thick, dairy-rich whiteness.
For those who don’t do dairy, those who reject refined carbs from pasta, or both, the satisfaction of twirling a bundle of velvety, unctuous, thickly sauced noodles around a fork is out of the question. But, it doesn’t have to be. Our version of shrimp alfredo comes together quickly and easily with our No-Dairy Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce, spiralized zucchini noodles, fast pan-seared spiced shrimp, sliced grape tomatoes for a pop of color and a burst of acidity, and a liberal amount of chopped fresh parsley for an herby edge. Now you can have a fast and fantastic classic that’s lower carb and perfect if you don’t tolerate dairy well. Even if you don’t have any issues with digesting dairy, our modern version of the traditional alfredo pasta dish won’t sit like a brick in your gut. You get the same creamy richness with the added interest of caramelized roasted garlic, but without the heaviness.
Garlic Shrimp Alfredo with Zoodles
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 pound wild-caught shrimp
- 1 teaspoon Spice Cave Sea Seasoning
- ½ Jar Primal Kitchen No-Dairy Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 2 packages CeCe’s Zoodles*
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
*Of course, you can use your own spiralized vegetable noodles or zoodles
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add avocado oil.
- Add shrimp and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon seasoning. Cook for 2–3 minutes on one side.
- Turn shrimp over and sprinkle with remaining ½ teaspoon seasoning.
- Cook for 2–3 minutes on the other side, or until shrimp is pink. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, pour in ½ jar of Primal Kitchen No-Dairy Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce. Heat for 1 minute.
- Add zoodles to the skillet, tossing to coat in the sauce. Cook zoodles for 3–4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp back into the skillet. Add the sliced tomatoes to the skillet as well, and toss to combine.
- Remove skillet from heat and plate the dish. Sprinkle each plate with plenty of chopped fresh parsley and enjoy!
Nutritional information (per serving):
Carbs: 7.5 grams
Fat: 5 grams
Protein: 29.4 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other lower-carb “noodle” recipe makeovers: