What’s your favorite cooking triumvirate? Sima Cohen nailed “sweet, savory, and simple” with an amazing butternut squash soup featuring our own Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil. We love it!
Sima encourages people to live, laugh, love, and eat, and this recipe is a great sneak peek into her fitness program and food philosophy. Follow along with Sima’s recipe below, and be sure to visit her full page for more of Sima’s work!
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 butternut squash
- Several sprigs of fresh thyme
- Turmeric root
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- Red chili flakes
- Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado (for sautéing)
- Dice the onion.
- Cut off the ends of the butternut squash, and peel away the skin.
- Carve out the seeds, and then slice and cube the body and neck of the butternut squash.
- Prepare small pieces of fresh thyme.
- Sauté the diced onions in Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, and season with fresh thyme in a large cook pot .
- Add the cubes of butternut squash on top of the onions.
- Sprinkle in a good pinch (each) of turmeric root and cumin.
- Pour in 2 cups of organic vegetable broth, and bring the whole thing to a simmer.
- Transfer the mixture into a food processor.
- Pureé until smooth.
- Pour the soup into a bowl.
- Finish with a sprinkle of red chili flakes and fresh thyme on top, & enjoy!
ABOUT SIMA COHEN
Sima is a certified celebrity trainer, nutritionist, and soon to be published author and life coach with over 20 years of experience and 30,000 hours of training and coaching. In her life journey she learned the important elements that govern and influence health and happiness. She perfected her method to help people from all walks of life discover the critical elements that pave the way for achieving sustainable health and happiness in life: Self, Sweat, and Substance.