With spring officially here and flowers in full bloom, add a few colorful blossoms to your seasonal salad for an edible arrangement as beautiful as your growing garden. Our mixed greens flower salad is a fresh flavor sensation of greens, edible flowers and delicious ingredient pairings of quinoa, avocado, golden raisins and fennel. Top it off by drizzling a homemade balsamic avocado oil vinaigrette made with Primal Kitchen® Extra Virgin Avocado Oil.
This vegetarian/vegan spring salad packs protein from quinoa and vitamin E and healthy fats from avocados and Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, among many other nutrients. While Primal Kitchen nourishes from within, our Southern California neighbors at OSEA Skincare add nutrients to your body with their vegan skincare line. Follow along with @primalkitchenfoods and @oseamalibu on Instagram in May to win Primal Kitchen vegan products along with a suite of heavenly skin care products from OSEA.
MIXED GREENS FLOWER SALAD WITH PRIMAL KITCHEN
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Shavings of fresh fennel
- Edible flowers
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Combine 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook until soft and most liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- While quinoa is cooling, slice avocado. Toss mixed greens, pine nuts, golden raisins in a bowl.
- Add quinoa to bowl with mixed greens, pine nuts, and golden raisins. Toss together.
- Top salad with fresh fennel shavings, avocado slices and edible flowers.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Extra Virgin Avocado Oil and balsamic vinegar for the vinaigrette. Drizzle over entire salad.