A touch bitter, a tiny bit astringent, a few dashes vegetal, matcha is vividly verdant, like the budding leaves that sprout in early spring. This traditional Japanese beverage, whisked together with water until frothy, can be a bit too grassy in flavor for some when sipped straight up, so the matcha latte—made with lightly frothed milk and honey for sweetness—appeals to those who want something a bit creamier and sweeter. If you’re new to matcha, it may take some time for you to find one that you like—there are various grades, origins, and brands of matcha, many of which aren’t sold in the U.S. We’ve simplified the hunt and created a keto-friendly version of a matcha latte with collagen. Our version uses just two ingredients and comes together in a flash—no dainty bamboo whisk needed.
2 Ingredient Matcha Keto Latte with Collagen
Time: 5 minutes
- 4 scoops Primal Kitchen Matcha Collagen Keto Latte Drink Mix
- 2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk (16 ounces)
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the milk until it starts to bubble a bit on the sides. Stir milk and allow to simmer (you don’t need a roiling boil here, just a few small and gentle bubbles) for about 1 minute.
- Pour warm milk into a blender. Add Matcha Collagen and mix on high speed until well combined and a little frothy (about 20 seconds).
- Be careful to place the lid of the blender on tightly. You may also want to hold a kitchen towel on top of the top while you blend to avoid any hot liquid splashing out.
- Pour into two mugs and serve.
Nutritional information (per serving):*
Carbs: 5 grams
Fat: 7 grams
Protein: 11 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
*Nutritional information calculated using unsweetened coconut milk.
You might also like these other warm collagen drink recipes: