Dairy Free Peanut Butter Ice Cream
September 12, 2023
Remember those blissful days of summer when the sound of carnival-like music played by tinny bells signaled the sugar rush of sweet frozen treats? If there was one ice cream flavor that every kid lined up for, it was peanut butter and chocolate. Simultaneously sweet, salty and nutty, it was like sticking your favorite candy bar into a tub of the peanutty good stuff and scooping it up like a chip with dip.
These days, our peanut butter treats are a bit more elevated—and less full of junk. Made with coconut milk and Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel® in delicious Peanut Butter Flavor, this simple vegan ice cream has 11g of collagen and no dairy ingredients, cane sugar, or corn syrup. To make it even easier, we whipped up this dreamy recipe in a Ninja CREAMi, which turns just about any ingredients into a frozen treat in minutes. Just blend your ingredients, chill overnight, churn on the Lite Ice Cream setting, and you have a version of the childhood classic that even your 10-year-old self would love.
Peanut Butter Collagen Ice Cream
24 hours 15 minutes
Your favorite childhood treat gets a grown-up makeover with Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel® in delicious Peanut Butter Flavor. Made with just a handful of ingredients in the Ninja CREAMi, this mouthwatering no-dairy frozen dessert comes together in just a few minutes after freezing the blended ingredients overnight. Ice cream has never been easier!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 cup of organic canned coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon crushed peanuts
Chocolate shell (optional):
For the ice cream:
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a Ninja CREAMi container. Freeze for 24 hours.
- Place the container into your Ninja CREAMi and blend on the Lite Ice Cream setting. If the mixture has not fully combined and become frosty yet, you may need to pour a couple of extra tablespoons of coconut milk in after one spin and respin on the Lite Ice Cream setting.
- Scoop into a bowl or mason jar. Top with optional chocolate shell, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
For the chocolate shell:
In a small bowl, stir melted coconut oil together with cocoa powder and maple syrup until well combined.
- Drizzle over top of ice cream and stir gently. Sprinkle peanuts on top.
- Nutrition information calculated using Cronometer and does not include optional chocolate topping or nuts.
- Serving Size
- 1 serving
- per serving
- 10.9 grams
- 38.6 grams
- 14.6 grams
You might also like these other dessert recipes: