Paleo Passion Fruit Unicorn Smoothie Bowl
May 31, 2017
Who doesn’t love granola in the morning?! We’ve just upped the game with this recipe for gorgeous paleo dragon fruit unicorn bowls, layered with grain-free and gluten-free granola. While most granolas contain a lot of added sugar and artificial flavors, Paleo Passion Foods has designed a clean, paleo granola that’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup and wildflower honey. Totally grainless and gluten free, Krave the Krunch Granola nixes the simple carbs found in most granolas in favor of nourishing nuts, seeds, coconut, and fruits.
What else are in these sparkling, deliciously fun unicorn bowls? Think dragon fruit and spirulina for gorgeous colors, and Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel Drink Mix - Vanilla for 10 grams of type 1 and 3 collagen peptides.
We suspect that after one bite of these tropical paradise bowls, you’ll never again eat breakfast any other way.
For the pink swirl….
- 1 cup frozen organic red dragon fruit
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup water (or 1/4 cup organic fruit juice)
For the blue swirl…
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dairy-free yogurt of your choice
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel Drink Mix - Vanilla
- 2-3 packets of Blue Majik® On-The-Go Singles (extract of Spirulina)
For the toppings…
- Paleo Passion Foods Krave the Krunch Granola
- Fruits (we like blueberries, sliced strawberries, papaya, and kiwi).
- Cut the red dragon fruit in half, and carve out the meat (dragon fruit seeds are edible, the skin is not).
- Place all the ingredients for the pink swirl (including the dragon fruit) in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Rinse the blender.
- Place all the ingredients for the blue swirl into the blender, and blend them until smooth as well.
- Grab a pretty breakfast bowl, and layer in a base of Paleo Passion Foods Krave the Krunch Granola.
- Add a good serving of the pink swirl on top of the granola.
- Begin to drizzle in the blue swirl, getting as creative as you like.
- Top with fruits of your choice, and perhaps a few sprinkles of granola and/or coconut shreds and hemp seeds.