Introducing Extra Virgin Avocado Oil Ice Cream Sandwiches, made with decadent Cappello's Double Chocolate Cookie Dough! Rich in nutrition and filled with vibrant color, the flavor of these creamy, custard-like desserts is almost otherworldly.
Celebrate the end of the week with this incredible dessert, made with Cappello's grain-free cookie dough and Primal Kitchen® Extra Virgin Avocado Oil! Prepared entirely from real food and paleo-friendly ingredients, this dessert isn't just tasty, it's nutrient-dense and perfect for sharing with friends and family too!
Cappello’s is a Colorado-based gourmet food company specializing in healthy and delicious gluten free, grain free products. Founded in 2011 by friends Stacey Marcellus and Benjamin Frohlichstein, Cappello's is revolutionizing the food industry with an entirely new business model built around real ingredients, paleo eating, and providing fast delivery of all your favorite foods.
Cappello's cookie dough is all grain-free, gluten-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly. Designed to eat raw, combine with ice cream, or bake, Cappello's dough is deliciously versatile. Enjoy Cappello's dough guilt free too, as it's made entirely with whole foods, and sweetened naturally with maple syrup!
EXTRA VIRGIN AVOCADO OIL ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- 1 can of coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Flaked sea salt (for topping)
- Capello's Double Chocolate Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup Primal Kitchen® Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
For the Extra Virgin Avocado Oil Ice Cream...
- Heat the coconut milk on medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add 4 egg yolks to a medium-sized bowl, and place the bowl on the counter next to the stove.
- When the coconut milk begins to steam (prior to boiling), add 1/2 cup of the hot milk to the egg yolks, and whisk.
- Once fully whisked, slowly our the coconut milk and egg yolk mixture into the remaining coconut milk in the pot. Continue stirring, and keep the heat low enough so that the egg doesn't cook or curdle. Cook for an additional five minutes until the mixture is creamy.
- Pour the fully cooked coconut milk and egg yolk custard into the medium bowl, and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add the Primal Kitchen® Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, honey, vanilla, and salt. Mix well to combine. Place the custard in the refrigerator until fully chilled.
For the Cappello's cookies...
- Follow the instructions on the Cappello's box to prepare.
- Pro Tip: Make sure the dough is unthawed, and then flatten each cookie to 1/4 inch thick with your hand before baking.
Putting it all together...
- Once the cookies have cooled, combine with generous scoops of Extra Virgin Avocado Oil Ice Cream.
- Serve with raspberry or your fruit of choice for extra pizzazz.