Chicken Nuggets with Primal Kitchen Ketchup
Enter to win this week's giveaway! Buy the incredible Back-to-School Basics Condiment Kit, and win our organic and unsweetened Ketchup absolutely free! Click here to redeem this offer. Add both the Back-to-Basics Condiment Kit and Ketchup to your cart, and use code BACKTOSCHOOL at checkout to get your very own ketchup for FREE! Offer expires 9/7 at Midnight (PST). Limit 1 per customer.
For the Batter Dip…
- 1/2 cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Up to 1 cup sparkling water
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
For the Dredging Flour…
- 1/4 cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
For the Chicken Nuggets…
- 1 pound ground dark chicken meat
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- Heat Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil in deep fryer to 390 degrees (F).
- Mix together the cassava flour, arrowroot flour, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add sparkling water to the mix until you achieve a consistency similar to pancake batter. If you add too much water, don’t worry! Just add a little more cassava flour (one tablespoon at a time) until you get the desired consistency.
- Season the dark ground chicken meat with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Add a tablespoon of Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil to a sheet of parchment paper. Measure out rounded tablespoons of the chicken meat and place them on the parchment. You should be able to get 12-14 nuggets out of the pound of meat.
- Shape and flatten the scoops into nuggets. Toss the nuggets in cassava flour and then dunk them in the batter. NOTE: Coat the nuggets very lightly - even a little bit of batter will puff up surprisingly well.
- Fry the nuggets for 10 minutes. NOTE: It's best to fry the nuggets a few at a time, so as not to overcrowd the fryer.
- Once the nuggets are cooked, carefully remove them from the fryer and place them on a paper-towel covered plate to cool.
Quick BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Ketchup
- 1 Tbl. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbl. honey
- 1 Tbl. mollasses
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 Tbl. Organic Worcestershire Sauce
- Mix all ingredients together in a small serving dish.
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- Mix all the ingredients together in a serving dish.
Chunky Sweet Potato Fries
- 1-2 Sweet Potatoes
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees (F).
- Chop the sweet potato into chunky, thick, fries.
- Spray a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet with Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray.
- Place the sweet potato fries on the sheet, and spray with Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray.
- Sprinkle the fries with salt.
- Bake them for 20 minutes on the middle rack, then flip each fry, and bake them for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the fries from the oven, and allow them to cool.
- Serve with dipping sauces, and enjoy!