Packed with flavor and an amazing combination of colorful veggies, these delicious, homemade California rolls are dairy-free, soy-free, and a guaranteed hit at any dinner party or work lunch. Plus, they're super fun and easy to make and topped with our brand new Primal Kitchen® Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette & Marinade made with Avocado Oil. You'll feel like a true chef in no time!
Sesame Ginger Dressing
The star of this fresh dish is our Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette & Marinade. Unbelievably flavorful, our Sesame Ginger Dressing is specifically designed to totally revolutionize all your favorite Asian dishes and salads. Whether you're making hand rolls, serving sushi, or devouring pad thai, you can finally dip, slather, and drizzle to your heart's content with this savory, gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free dressing.
Infused with avocado oil, organic apple cider vinegar, and lightly roasted sesame seeds, Primal Kitchen’s Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette & Marinade with Avocado Oil is the perfect condiment for changing up your favorite recipes and taking your culinary adventures to new heights.
Sweet Potato California Rolls
Time: 35 min
Serving Size: 2
- 2 heads butter lettuce (cut into 3-inch wide strips)
- 1 whole Japanese sweet potato
- 4 large carrots (julienned)
- Tuna (cubed)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced thin)
- 1/2 cucumber (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 4 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Chop the sweet potato into cubes. Place the pieces in a blender or food processor, and pulse into rice-sized pieces.
- Heat Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add the sweet potato "rice" to the pan, and stir the pieces slowly until they're thoroughly coated in oil.
- Cover the pan, and let the sweet potato "rice" steam for 2-3 minutes until it becomes soft. Take the sweet potatoes off the heat and spread them out on a plate. Let them sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes until they cool down.
- Lay the slices of butter lettuce out on a flat surface. Spread sweet potato rice out over the strips of lettuce, leaving 1/2 inch free along the bottom edge. Use the back of a spoon to gently compress the sweet potatoes and push them down onto the lettuce "nori wrap."
- Layer avocado slices and carrot horizontally across the sweet potato rice, no more than 1-inch thick. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Next, add a layer of the julienned carrots.
- Add a few cubes of fresh tuna.
- Finish with a layer of finely chopped cucumber.
- Roll the sushi starting with the side closest to you until the seam side faces down. Slice with a sharp, serrated knife. Pin together with tooth picks.
- Serve with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette & Marindade for dipping.