Summer Side Dishes: 3 BBQ Sides
August 16, 2022
Meat tends to get all the glory at a barbecue, and rightfully so, but that doesn't mean you have to have boring summer side dishes. We cleaned up three classic BBQ sides now worthy of more space on your plate.
Mexican Street Corn (Esquites) Recipe
Celebrate the last hurrah of the season with this classic seasonal dish. Esquites are the off-the-cob version of elotes and pairs perfectly with our Parchment Packet BBQ Chicken Fajitas recipe.
- 2 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2oz cojita cheese
- 1/4 cup creen onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chile flakes to taste
- 2 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Mayo
- Drizzle Avocado Oil in a cast iron pan on medium-high heat
- Add corn and stir frequently until corn starts to blacken
- Put corn in bowl and add remaining ingredients
- Combine throughly until corn is evenly coated and enjoy
Easy Keto Coleslaw Recipe
Coleslaw is usually the first thing to go at a barbecue when you're looking to cut back on processed junk. But when you use Primal Kitchen Mayo with high-quality ingredients, you can confidently say "more, please!" Pair it with our Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich and you've got a flavorful, cleaned up classic.
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup of Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Natural Sweetener (such as powdered monkfruit)
- 1 Tbsp Celery Seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until coleslaw mix is evenly coated with mayo mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
Baked Beans Recipe
Get ready to tuck in that napkin and savor this easy, potluck friendly, cast iron baked beans recipe. Pair it with our BBQ Baby Back Ribs recipe for a rich and flavorful meal everyone will devour. A pair made in summer cookout heaven.
- 5 Strips of thick cut bacon
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cans navy beans
- 1 cup Primal Kitchen Classic BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Steak Sauce
- Preheat grill or oven to 325℉
- Cut up bacon into pieces and place in a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat
- Add remaining ingredients and stir
- Cook on the grill or in the oven for 45 minutes at 325℉
Need ideas to pair with these summer side dishes? Try one of these BBQ recipes:
- Whole30 BBQ Chicken with Coffee Dry Rub & Hawaiian BBQ Sauce
- Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Sliders
- Grilled BBQ Pork Chops with Hawaiian-Style Sauce
- Keto Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with BBQ Sauce (5 Ingredients)
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken with Blue Cheese Dip