Honey Mustard Chicken with Roasted Roots
December 20, 2016
Craving rice, but without the carbs? Go for cauliflower rice! Combine savory cauliflower "rice" with chicken, sprouts, broccoli, and ghee for a warm and cozy meal.
About Tracey Grant
Tracey Grant graduated from Texas A&M University with a Bachelors of Science in nutrition in May of 2010. After moving to Seattle to complete a dietetic internship and earn her RDN credential, she spent three years there as part of the core team for a holistic weight management program.
Follow along at @wholedailylife or at www.wholedailylife.com!
Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken & Roasted Roots with Cauliflower Rice
- 1-1.5-pound chicken breast, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen® Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 2 carrots, cut into coins
- 2 parsnips, cut into coins
- 10-20 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- 16 ounce cauliflower rice (roughly 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- Combine chicken with 1/4 cup honey mustard and 1/2 teaspoons salt, stir to combine. Cover and let marinate for a minimum of an hour. (Tip: Marinate for up to an entire day to get full flavor!)
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees. Combine carrots, parsnips, brussels sprouts, onion and broccoli. Toss veggies in avocado oil and salt to combine. Distribute in a single layer on parchment lined baking sheet or glass baking dish. Roast for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- While roots are roasting, transfer chicken to an Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice and 1/2 teaspoons of salt. Stir to combine, then sauté over medium heat until tender and starting to brown.
- When the chicken is done, allow to de-pressurize naturally, then open pot and transfer chicken to large bowl.
- Use the sauté function to reduce the remaining liquid by half, forming a sauce. Shred chicken with two forks and combine with the sauce from the Instant Pot, plus add an additional 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen® Honey Mustard Vinaigrette.
- When the cauliflower rice is golden, stir in fresh rosemary.
- Serve chicken with rosemary cauliflower rice and roasted roots.