October 03, 2023
The best mashups we’ve seen go viral involve two foods that are already delicious on their own but even better together. From cronuts and brookies to chaffles and savory, salty, cheesy “totchos” made with tater tots and traditional nacho toppings, these delicious food babies nearly broke the internet every time one was born.
In the wake of the maple-bacon donut craze comes bacon pancakes: deliciously salty, savory, crisp bacon slices griddled directly into pancake batter. Thankfully, “bacocakes” or “pancakon” haven’t really caught on as kitschy mashup monikers for this beautiful breakfast pairing, but even without a nickname that sounds like a celeb super-couple, they’re skyrocketing in popularity.
At Primal Kitchen, we’re all about keeping things simple, so our easy bacon pancakes recipe is made with just four basic ingredients: eggs, banana, bacon, and our Collagen Peptides. If you like the scales tipped toward bolder flavor, substitute your favorite Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel®, like Vanilla Coconut or Peanut Butter Flavor, or serve your bacon pancakes with real maple syrup.
Get ready for a morning treat that fits right into your daily beauty routine! Crisp, salty bacon is embedded into light, fluffy pancakes made with Primal Kitchen Collagen Peptides for a delicious breakfast that pairs perfectly with your morning coffee. Top with whipped cream or real maple syrup for an extra sweet bite.
Preheat a skillet or griddle to medium-high heat.
- Place bacon strips on the skillet or griddle and cook for 4-5 minutes per side (or until lightly crisp).
- Using tongs, place bacon strips between paper towels and pat to remove any grease.
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl, and lightly scramble with a fork. Add bananas and mash with a fork.
- Add 2 scoops of Primal Kitchen Unflavored Collagen Peptides. Mix with a fork until it becomes a batter.
- Lightly spray a clean skillet or griddle with Avocado Oil Spray. Preheat to medium-high.
- Pour batter in long strips slightly wider and longer than a slice of bacon. Place one bacon strip centered vertically in each pancake strip.
- Cook until the top is golden brown and bubbly. Flip and cook for another minute until browned.
- Dust with powdered sweetener of choice and serve with real maple syrup, if desired.
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer (does not include powdered sweetener or maple syrup).
- Serving Size
- 1 serving
- per serving
- 41 grams
- 17.3 grams
- 26.5 grams
You might also like these other breakfast recipes: