I bet I can guess what you’re thinking: Soup made in an AirFryer? Wuuut? Yes, indeed. Not only is the cooking method easy—you simply wrap up all of the soup ingredients into a foil pack or parchment paper—but it’s also as quick and flavorful as a soup made in an InstantPot. This method also makes it easy to whip up a quick soup for one (just save the extra meatballs for another use), or to make several servings all at once for a group. You don’t need bone broth or homemade stock either—the Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger Dressing marries harmoniously with the liquid that leaches from the mushrooms, bok choy and beef meatballs to create a heady, aromatic broth that’s rich in umami and toasted sesame notes.
To keep the meatballs moist, mince or grate a bit of fresh ginger, garlic and onions into the ground beef mixture before rolling into meatballs. Make sure to use at least 85/15 ground beef—grass-fed, if you can—to ensure succulent meatballs. Leaner beef, ground chicken or turkey may result in dry, less flavorful meatballs. Ground pork would work as a nice switch-up in this recipe, too. If you don’t have an AirFyer, you can follow the same method in a regular oven. Bake the packets at 400ºF for 25–30 minutes on a foil-lined sheet pan or in a casserole dish (just in case the packets drip).
30-Minute AirFryer Keto Sesame Ginger Meatball Soup
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons yellow or white onion, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped organic cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 3 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 pound 85/15 grass-fed ground beef
- 15 ounces baby boy choy, quartered lengthwise
- ½ pound shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Mix ginger, garlic, onion, cilantro, coconut aminos and beef together in a large bowl.
- Shape into nine meatballs.
- Tear three large sheets of foil or parchment paper (about 6 inches wide each).
- Divide bok choy and mushrooms evenly in the center of the 3 slices of foil or paper.
- Place 3 meatballs in each pack.
- Curl up the sides of the foil or paper a bit, and place packs into the AirFryer basket, on a sheet tray or in a casserole dish.
- Pour ¼ cup of Sesame Ginger Dressing inside each pack.
- Roll the edges of each pack to seal the packets and ensure there are no holes openings in the packs.
- Use the AirFryer’s convection oven Bake setting, slide the basket with the packets into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from AirFryer and carefully open packets.
- If baking in oven, preheat oven to 400ºF. Slide sheet tray or casserole dish with packets into the oven. Bake for 25–30 minutes.
- Remove packets from oven and open carefully.
- Pour contents of packets into bowls.
- Garnish each bowl with a few fresh cilantro sprigs and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Carbs: 11.3 grams
Net Carbs: 7.6 grams
Fat: 29.4 grams
Protein: 44 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other soup recipes: