One-Skillet Italian Chicken
Our simple One-Skillet Italian Chicken may look gourmet, but it is an easy go-to featuring our all-new Primal Kitchen® Italian Vinaigrette made with Avocado Oil! Filled with with rich spices, savory bone broth, organic chicken breasts, and fresh lemon, this dish is sure to have the whole kitchen singing “Grazie!” in no time.
Beautiful, homemade dinners don't have to take up a lot of time, and they definitely don't have to make a mess! This recipe is quick and easy--plus you only need one skillet! Fill up on high-ORAC scoring spices, monounsaturated fats, clean protein, and a host of nutrient packed veggies with this gorgeous and hearty end of winter meal.
Primal Kitchen Italian Vinaigrette is ideal for meat and fish marinades, and perfect for pairing with fresh veggies in decadent salads, you can't go wrong with this Mediterranean-inspired masterpiece. Free of gluten, sugar, dairy, soy and artificial fillers, binders, and industrial seed oils, the Italian Vinaigrette is Whole30-Approved, Certified Paleo, keto-friendly and Non GMO Project Verified. Use this plant-based dressing with antipastos galore, and add some pizzazz back to the kitchen!
One-Skillet Italian Chicken
Time: 20 min
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts of equal size
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Italian Dressing
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic (minced)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cup small-diced tomatoes
- Handful of fresh parsley, stems removed, chopped
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pat the chicken breasts dry, and make 3-4 slits on each side of the breasts.
- Rub the minced garlic onto each side of the chicken, inserting a few pieces into the slits.
- Toss with a large pinch of salt, pepper, and half of the oregano.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat 2 tbsp of Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil on medium-high.
- Add the chicken breasts, and cook until the chicken is browned on both sides. Add the Primal Kitchen Italian Vinaigrette, and continue heating the pan on medium-high until the dressing begins to reduce. Immediately add the lemon juice and bone broth.
- Sprinkle the remaining oregano on top of the chicken breasts, and reduce the stove heat to medium.
- Cover the pan with a lid, and cook the dish for another 10-15 mins. Turn the chicken over once, making sure that the meat's internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F.
- Add the chopped onions and tomatoes, place the lid back on, and cook for another 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add the fresh parsley.
Also in News
Whether you're throwing a neighborhood barbecue, heading out for a lunchtime picnic, or enjoying dinner with the family, this is the perfect side dish to keep everyone coming back for more.