November 02, 2023
A classic for Sunday night dinners and leftover sandwich lunches, meatloaf is a staple comfort food meal for any mom. Traditionally made from ground beef mixed with onions and spices, it’s the kind of warm, cozy family meal that you want to tuck into after a long day of checking off your mental chore list, running the kids to practices, and trying to squeeze in a moment or two of peace and calm.
If you’ve resorted to smothering broccoli in cheese sauce or your extra-picky kiddos are always tucking greens into their napkins to be tossed later, this easy meatloaf recipe is for you! Zucchini and carrots are grated right into ground turkey for added moisture and a secret nutrient boost that little ones never need to know about. Normally a more subtle meat, the turkey gets a flavor boost from our smoky, savory Unsweetened Classic BBQ Sauce and Organic Spicy Brown Mustard mixed right in before baking.
Don’t spring for more expensive all-white meat here—this turkey meatloaf recipe needs a balance of light and dark ground turkey to produce the moist, homestyle taste you expect. Pair juicy slices of this meaty loaf with crispy air-fried potatoes, cauliflower mac & cheese, or roasted sweet potatoes and greens.
Made with mixed ground turkey and a hidden cache of nutrient-rich veggies, this easy meatloaf recipe makes for a simple but delicious weeknight dinner. Blended with Primal Kitchen Unsweetened Classic BBQ Sauce and Spicy Mustard, it delivers the homestyle flavor you expect with an upgraded ingredients list mom would be proud of.
1 lb. ground turkey (7% fat, 93% lean)
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
6 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Classic BBQ Sauce, divided
1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen Spicy Brown Mustard
1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus more for topping
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- Parsley to top
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
Use a box grater to grate the zucchini, carrot, and onion.
- Add them to a bowl with the turkey, salt, garlic, pepper, 4 tablespoons of BBQ sauce, mustard, parsley, and egg. Mix to combine. Add the almond flour and mix together with a spatula until combined.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour in the ground turkey mixture and spread it out with a spatula.
- Place the pan into a preheated 375°F oven and cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Take the loaf pan out of the oven and carefully spoon on the remaining 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce.
- Return the loaf pan to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meatloaf is at least 165-170 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Top with chopped parsley and allow to cool before slicing. Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy.
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
- Serving Size
- 1 serving
- per serving
- 10.4 grams
- 14.6 grams
- 26.2 grams
You might also like these easy dinner recipes: