With flu and cold season in full swing, Jennifer Fugo's sweet potato soup is the perfect recipe for soothing in case you're feeling under the weather. Made with butternut squash and sweet potatoes, this warm and fragrant soup is ideal for winter nights. Plus, you can add Primal Kitchen® Collagen Peptides for type 10g of type 1 and 3 collagen per serving.
Connect with Jennifer over at www.glutenfreeschool.com and follow her on Facebook and Instagram!
Sweet Potato Soup with Collagen Peptides Recipe
Time: 75 min
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 12-16oz bag of frozen, cubed butternut squash
- 2 tbsp Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 32-oz container of chicken or veggie broth (low or no sodium)
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 3 scoops Primal Kitchen Collagen Peptides
- Pull the bag of butternut squash from the freezer, and allow it to defrost overnight in your fridge.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375ºF.
- Scrub and poke the sweet potatoes with a fork multiple times. Place the cubes on a baking sheet.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for about 35 to 45 minutes (or until soft and fragrant).
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool.
- In a pan, heat Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and turn the heat down to medium-low heat. Sauté for about ten minutes, stirring the leeks every couple of minutes so they don't burn. After about eight minutes, add the garlic to the pan and keep the contents moving so the garlic doesn't burn.
- In a high-speed blender, add the leak-garlic mixture, butternut squash, and two sweet potatoes (with the skins removed). Add the room temperature broth, sea salt, and white pepper. Blend on high until mixture is smooth.
- Add the remaining two skinless sweet potatoes and the Primal Kitchen Collagen Peptides and blend again. If the mixture is too thick, add more broth (1/4 cup at a time) until you get to the consistency you want. If you do not have extra broth, just add water.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: Add 1/4 cup browned ground dark turkey or beef.