Superfood Unicorn Frappuccino®
November 28, 2017
Armed with a creative mind, Sadie transformed an infamously sugar-laden drink into a nutritious masterpiece.
Made entirely with whole foods, Sadie's creation is the perfect drink for kids because it's vibrant, nutritious and fun! They'll have no idea it's full of veggies, fruit, and Primal Kitchen® Collagen Fuel--all designed to support active minds and bodies.
The gorgeous pink color color of Sadie's beautiful drink is derived from dragon fruit, which is high in magnesium, fiber and antioxidants. And what's behind the brilliant blue drizzle? Spirulina of course! You'll love this amazing natural algae filled with carotenoids and phytonutrients.
About Sadie Radinsky
Sadie is a 15-year-old baker and lover of scrumptious, wholesome food.
Founder of the paleo baking blog, Goodies Against The Grain, Sadie utilizes the platform to share her recipes for gluten-free, grain-free, and sugar-free treats. Sadie's belief is that nobody should feel deprived of sweets. Instead, it’s possible to make healthy desserts that taste just as delicious (if not way better!) than the not-so-healthy alternatives.
When she’s not in the kitchen baking, Sadie can be found climbing trees, singing, writing songs, running on a trail, reading a book, or playing with her dogs!
Healthy Unicorn Frappuccino
For the smoothie...
- 1 pack frozen dragon fruit
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- ¼ avocado
- ½ cup filtered water
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen® Vanilla Coconut Collagen Fuel
- ½ frozen banana (optional, omit for low-sugar)
For the blue drizzle...
- 1½ Tbsp coconut cream*
- 1 scoop E3 live blue majik (or other blue spirulina powder)
- 1 tsp raw honey (optional, omit for low-sugar)
For the cream topping...
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream*
*NOTE: For the coconut cream, leave a can of full-fat coconut milk out at room temperature. Make sure it's warm! Next, scoop the creamy, smooth, white cream off the top of the can. Whip the cream, or just apply it as is
For the pink smoothie...
- Using a high-speed blender, blend together the pink smoothie ingredients until smooth (use your tamper for this one because it’s gonna be thick!).
For the blue drizzle...
- In a small dish, stir together the coconut cream into a uniform blend.
- Scoop the blue blend into a small plastic baggie, and cut the tip off the bag.
- Grabbing a large milkshake glass (or two small ones), drizzle the blue coconut cream on the inside of the glass, making a zigzag design.
For the topping...
- Pour the pink smoothie into the glass(es). Gently, top with the remaining 3 Tbsp of coconut cream.