Skip the line at your favorite cafe and whip up this perfectly moist and savory frittata at home! Packed with sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, sugar-free bacon, and our Primal Kitchen® Garlic Aioli Mayo, this sophisticated (yet simple) dish makes staying in feel like a real treat.
Serve this delicious frittata up with a handful of arugula and you've got a tasty brunch fit for royalty. Better yet, it's Whole30 compliant and keto-friendly, too.
This recipe was inspired by this Slow-Baked BLT Frittata on Mark's Daily Apple. We used the same method as on the blog, but added a few fun flavor change-ups. Versatility is yet another reason frittatas are a brunch favorite. Feel free to choose-your-own frittata adventure by swapping ingredients for an easy dish that inspires every time.
Sun-Dried Tomato Bacon Frittata with Garlic Aioli Mayo
Time: 45 minutes
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (2.5 ml)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes,* chopped or julienned
- 4 to 6 strips cooked, sugar-free bacon (we used Buy Ranch Direct), cut or crumbled into small pieces
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- Primal Kitchen Garlic Aioli Mayo
- Optional: Arugula
*Note: Select sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil or if you're using dry-packed tomatoes, rehydrate in either avocado oil, olive oil, or your favorite vinaigrette to add even more flavor! Just make sure to drain the tomatoes and pat off any excess oil with paper towels prior to adding them to your dish.
- Preheat oven to 300 ºF/150 ºC.
- Whisk eggs with salt. Set aside.
- Drizzle Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil into a 10-inch (25 cm), ovenproof sauté pan. Turn to medium heat.
- Add in tomatoes and cooked bacon, and sauté until the tomatoes are just heated through (about two minutes).
- Stir in the eggs and basil, keeping the pan on the burner for just a few minutes until the eggs have set. Immediately transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes, or until egg is set in the middle.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and let it stand for five minutes.
- Slice and serve with a dollop of Primal Kitchen Garlic Aioli.