Roll up your sleeves and get ready to fall in love with these nutritious and delicious hand rolls infused with Primal Kitchen® Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette & Marinade! Relinquish your typical go-to recipes, and discover just how quick and simple these Japanese-inspired entrees are to make, and (of course) how mouthwateringly delicious they are to eat!
Enjoy this light and simple meal on warm summer nights, and dig into all the amazing nutrients offered by seaside superfoods like Nori and Safe-Catch tuna! Plus, dip the whole thing in Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette & Marinade for a full package of Asian-fusion flavor and a feisty kick of ginger.
Sesame Ginger Tuna Hand Rolls
Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo
- Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette & Marinade
- 1 Tablespoon Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1.5 cups minced tuna
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- Sea salt
- 2 sheets nori
- 2 avocados
- 1 Japanese cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- Toasted white sesame seeds
- Rinse the rice in a strainer or colander until the water runs clear. Combine with water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the water to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Rice should be tender and water should be absorbed.
- Remove the rice from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the rice vinegar, oil, Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil, and salt. Allow the mixture to cool, and then stir into the cooked rice.
- Mix together the minced tuna with Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo in a medium mixing bowl.
- Slice the avocado and Japanese cucumber.
- Cut the nori in half, and place the seaweed in the palm of your hand shiny side down.
- Add vertical layers of the minced tuna, shredded carrots, and Japanese cucumber.
- Sprinkle on toasted white sesame seeds.
- Drizzle with Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette & Marinade.
- Pull the bottom left corner of the nori over and begin rolling the wrap into a cone shape.
- Put a piece of rice at the bottom right corner to use as glue, and close the wrap tightly before continuing with the other half of the nori.