Get outside and enjoy the gorgeous summer weather with Whole30-Approved Applegate® Sausage and Veggie Skewers drizzled in Primal Kitchen® Balsamic Vinaigrette & Marinade by Whole30 Chef Sarah Steffans. You can't go wrong with this incredible flavor and color combo—and don't be shy about infusing every mouthful with our favorite tangy and sweet vinaigrette! Packed with organic herbs and 100% avocado oil, the Balsamic Vinaigrette & Marinade is vegan (egg-free) and flavor packed.
Make our favorite summer skewers in no time, and garnish them with fresh basil and sprinkles of ground black pepper for a truly incredible backyard masterpiece.
Applegate is committed to providing only the highest quality organic meats made without any hormones, antibiotics, or GMO ingredients. Visit their website for a full range of cheese, deli meat, beef, poultry, corn dogs, and bacon products. All of Applegate's animals are humanely raised, and all Applegate products are free of nitrates, preservatives, and artificial ingredients. Visit Applegate today, and learn more about their amazing commitment to sourcing, integrity, quality, transparency, and flavor.
Sausage & Veggie Skewers
Time: 45 min
- 1 package Applegate Organics® Fire Roasted Red Pepper Sausage or Applegate Organics® Sweet Italian Sausage, sliced into 1” discs
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced in thick chunks
- 1 green zucchini, chopped in 1” discs
- 1 yellow squash, chopped in 1” discs
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and sliced as thick strips
- 8 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 8 skewers
- ½ cup Primal Kitchen Balsamic Vinaigrette & Marinade
- Set aside the fresh basil leaves, and place all the other ingredients in a large bowl. Gently toss the bowl in Primal Kitchen Balsamic Vinaigrette & Marinade until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Arrange 8 skewers with the sausage and veggies.
- Fire up your grill (or cast iron skillet), and carefully arrange each skewer over the flames. Cook until lightly charred (5-10 minutes per side). Flip your skewers from side to side and move them around until they're evenly charred.
- Arrange on a platter and garnish with freshly minced basil leaves.
1 GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL RECEIVE: Primal Kitchen's full line of Whole30 Approved Avocado Oils, Dressings/Marinades and Mayos + a signed Primal Kitchen Cookbook, a Variety of Whole30 Approved meat products from Applegate (16 total) AND all 3 Whole30 Cookbooks—signed by Melissa Hartwig!
And regardless of whether or not you take home the grand prize, we're giving everyone who orders a Whole30 Starter Kit by 6/1, a FREE bottle of Primal Kitchen Lemon Turmeric Dressing & Marinade. To redeem, shop through this link or add both items to your cart and use code WHOLE30BBQ at checkout. (Limit 1 per customer.)