Mediterranean Lamb Burger
August 31, 2023
Beef, chicken, and turkey burgers may be more common in America, but ground lamb burgers have a distinct flavor that marries beautifully with Mediterranean herbs and spices. It’s bold, slightly gamey (but not in a bad way), and some say it has an earthy flavor that falls somewhere in between grass-fed beef and lamb chops. However you describe ground lamb, we hope this scrumptious lamb burger recipe will leave you feeling a little less sheepish about trying a new meat.
A dollop of feta-infused spread made with Greek yogurt and our real mayonnaise is just the salty, creamy kick these burgers need. Rich and velvety, with a neutral taste that soaks up the pungent cheese flavor, our Mayo made with Avocado Oil takes the taste and texture of this dish into new territory. Placed on a fluffy bun or in a low-carb lettuce wrap and slathered with our homemade spread, it’s packed with zesty flavor that transports your taste buds straight to the Mediterranean coast.
Lamb Burger with Feta Cucumber Mayo
Ready for a unique recipe that will introduce your family to a whole new world of flavor? Packed with herbs and spices and drizzled with a salty, savory feta spread made with Primal Kitchen mayo, this juicy burger brings a taste of the Mediterranean to your plate. Pair it with a Greek salad, cauliflower rice, or homemade hummus.
- 16 ounces (1 pound) ground lamb
- 1/3 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh mint or cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely diced (about ½ small onion)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint or cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 gluten-free burger buns
- Sliced tomatoes
- Mixed greens
- Lemon slices
For the lamb burger:
For the feta cucumber mayo:
Cook the burger:
In a large bowl, mix all lamb burger ingredients until well-combined.
- Divide the lamb mixture into four equal portions and shape them into patties.
- Preheat your grill or a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the lamb patties for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
Make the feta cucumber mayo:
Add all mayo ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Put it all together:
Toast the burger buns, if desired.
Spread the feta cucumber mayo on the bottom half of each bun. Place a lamb patty on top, followed by mixed greens and sliced tomato. Top with the other half of the bun. Serve with lemon slices on the side for squeezing.
- Nutrition information calculated using Cronometer.
- Refrigerate leftover lamb burgers for up to 3 days.
- This recipe makes slightly more Feta Cucumber Mayo than you may need for the burgers. If you have leftovers, it makes a delicious dip for pita chips, cucumber slices, or carrots.
- Serving Size
- 1 serving
- per serving
- 37.4 grams
- 58 grams
- 33.3 grams
You might also like these other dinner recipes:
- Korean BBQ Short Rib Sandwich
- Leg of Lamb with Pistachio Pesto
- Air Fryer Turkey Burger
- Pork Tenderloin with Homemade Chimichurri Sauce
- Marry Me Chicken
About the Recipe Creator:
Mackenzie Burgess, RDN is a registered dietitian and recipe developer in the Denver area. She focuses on customizable recipes with ingredients of your choice. Mackenzie is passionate about improving peoples’ cooking confidence through easy meals, kitchen hacks, and her hands-on “Coaching + Cooking” program. Connect with her on social media @cheerfulchoices or on her website at CheerfulChoices.com.