Ready for a brand new salad recipe with a little extra kick? Meet Dana Harrison, nutritionist for multiple fire stations and author of the blog Eats2Know. And, check out her delicious grilled romaine taco salad!
ABOUT DANA HARRISON
Dana Harrison is a nutritionist, educator, and spin instructor. The philosophy she teaches clients is simple and sweet: eat, move, love, and learn. Dana believes that it's important to consider a wide range of variables in determining the most appropriate diet for each individual. Her goal is to demonstrate and promote the connection between diet and health, and to teach people how to eat real, nutritious, and quality food.
In fact, Dana currently designs nutrition education programs for fire departments. Working with firefighters, she presents simple, realistic, sustainable, and dynamic plans to bring about positive behavior changes. Her goal is to make nutrition, health, and wellness a priority within the fire industry.
GRILLED ROMAINE TACO SALAD
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 corn cob
- 1 cup Campari tomatoes
- Primal Palate Taco Seasoning
- Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- Primal Kitchen® Ranch Dressing
- Open and drain the can of chickpeas.
- Blot the chickpeas with a paper towel until they are dry.
- Toss the chickpeas with Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil and Primal Palate Taco Seasoning.
- Spread out the chickpeas on a baking sheet, and bake for 30-40 minutes at 425 degrees, or until crunchy.
- While the chickpeas are baking, boil the corn cob until the kernels are soft.
- Strip the cob of the kernels, and add on a few pinches of Himalaya salt and pepper.
- Cut romaine hearts in half (length-wise).
- Brush the hearts with Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil, and add a few dashes of Primal Palate Taco Seasoning. Massage the hearts so that the seasoning is even.
- Grill the romaine hearts for two minutes face down (or until they have a light char), and then flip and grill for another minute.
- Dice the Campari tomatoes.
- Top the romaine hearts with the corn, diced Campari tomatoes, and roasted chickpeas.
- Drizzle the salad with Primal Kitchen® Ranch Dressing.