Grilled Caesar salad is the perfect summer classic: great for long days and warm August nights. Remake the classic Caesar salad recipe with savory croutons made with Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix, grilled crisp and cool romaine lettuce, and the creamy, tangy flavor of Primal Kitchen® Caesar Dressing.
Enjoy this seasonal dish, inspired by the work of Joshua Wissman and his Slim Palate recipe: Grilled Romaine Toasted with Almonds. We used creamy Primal Kitchen® Caesar Dressing made with avocado oil, spices, and specialty organic ingredients like apple cider vinegar to make it easier to whip up a grilled Caesar salad in a few minutes.
Grilled Caesar Salad
- 2 heads of romaine
- ¼ cup almonds toasted and chopped
- Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- Primal Kitchen Caesar Dressing
- Optional: Grated parmesan cheese
- Make a loaf of bread, following the list of instructions on the back of the Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix.
- Once the bread is finished baking, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Dice the bread into 1-inch cubes, and spread the cubes out evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Toast the bread cubes at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, or until they become crispy and golden.
- Preheat a gas grill to high heat.
- Slice each romaine head in half and brush both sides with Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil.
- Place the romaine on the hot grill grates for 2-4 minutes each side.
- Toss the almonds into a small skillet over medium heat. Lightly toast the pieces, stirring them occasionally to prevent them from burning until they're slightly browned.
- Drizzle Primal Kitchen Caesar Dressing over the heads of romaine, and finish with a sprinkle of roasted almonds.