Easy Carrot Salad
April 12, 2023
Spring is in the air, and with it comes blooming flowers, hopping bunnies, and carrots—along with outdoor picnics and garden salads. Embrace the breezy air and fresh, seasonal crops with this easy carrot salad made with fresh dill, shredded root veggies, apples, and almonds. Because it stays fresh in the fridge for several days, you can prep it in advance for your event or use the leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.
A modern twist on the classic carrot salad, our version skips the raisins (which picky eaters tend to dislike) and uses Primal Kitchen Mayo to hold the components together. Made with high-quality ingredients, including avocado oil and cage-free, Certified Humane eggs, this delicious real mayonnaise adds creaminess and flavor to the salad. This dish will surely become a spring favorite, but you can enjoy it year-round!
Easy Carrot Salad
Our updated version of the classic carrot salad features apples, almonds, and creamy Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil. Perfect for spring picnics, potlucks, or served alongside your Easter ham!
6 medium/large carrots, shredded (about 3.5 cups)
- 2 cups shredded radishes (we used daikon and watermelon radishes)
- 1 cup shredded apple
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup chopped dill
1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Mayo
- Juice from 1/2 large lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Coarsely grate the carrots, radishes, and apple with a box grater.
- In a large bowl, combine the scallions, dill, mayo, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add the carrots, radishes, and apple to the bowl and fold them into the mayo mixture, then fold in the almonds and scallions.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, add more dill if desired and enjoy.
Nutrition information calculated using Cronometer.
- Serving Size
- 1 serving
- per serving
- 13.3 grams
- 13.1 grams
- 4.6 grams
- 3.5 grams