Get cozy with vegetable tempura made with Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil! There's no better way to sneak in fresh, seasonal veggies than frying them into a savory treat with avocado oil.
Start with amazing produce from Taylor Farms, available at any of your local grocery stores. Add rich, nutty Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil, grain-free Otto's Cassava Flour, and Primal Kitchen® Classic Mayo for a simple, crispy complement to any fall meal. Make sure to use the secret ingredient—seltzer water—for a deliciously light tempura batter!
Why Use Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil for Frying?
Rich and slightly nutty in taste, avocado oil is incredibly popular both as a salad dressing and as a cooking oil. With a smoke point of 400 degrees, avocado oil is safer to use at high temperatures than most oils.
Try this delicious veggie tempura recipe with Taylor Farms to start experiencing the amazing benefits of avocado oil!
VEGETABLE TEMPURA WITH PRIMAL KITCHEN® AVOCADO OIL
- 1 cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
- 1 bag Taylor Farms Cauliflower Florets
- 1 bag Taylor Farms Green Beans
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cold seltzer water
- Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- Primal Kitchen® Classic Mayo
- Boil the Taylor Farms Cauliflower Florets and Taylor Farms Green Beans in a small pot for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Drain the hot water, and rinse the cauliflower florets and green beans under cold water.
- Place the Otto's Cassava Flour in a large mixing bowl. Add a pinch of salt.
- Whisk the egg yolk and Seltzer water together in a separate bowl, and then add them to the flour. Mix all the ingredients together into a smooth batter.
- Heat the Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil in a deep fryer or large wok to 375 degrees.
- Coat the cauliflower florets in the batter, and then use a slotted spoon to carefully place a few of the florets into the hot oil.
- Deep-fry the cauliflower for 2-3 mins, or until golden and puffy.
- Drain the fried cauliflower florets on a kitchen towel, and fry the rest in the same way, working in batches.
- Coat some of the green beans in batter, and then gently add some of them to the hot oil.
- Deep fry the green beans for 2-3 minutes, or until golden and slightly crispy.
- Drain the fried green beans on a kitchen towel, and finish the rest in batches.
- Sprinkle the tempura green beans and cauliflower florets with salt, and serve with a bowl of Primal Kitchen® Classic Mayo.