This all-natural, do-it-yourself, chemical-free eye serum makes an unexpectedly elegant gift, or an easy way to simplify (and economize!) your beauty routine at home. Manufactured eye creams and gels promise astonishing results but also can include additives and chemicals as well as a hefty price tag. Reduce puffiness and soothe the sensitive under-eye and side eye area by making your own all-natural serum. All it takes is three ingredients and a week to infuse the almond oil. Get an invigorating, aromatic boost of almond-scented coffee by rolling this serum around the eyes while you sip your morning cup of coffee.
Almond and Avocado Oil Eye Serum
Time: 1 week
Servings: 6 glass roll-on bottles
- 2 cups Almond Oil
- ⅓ cup coffee or espresso grounds
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 6 glass roll-on bottles
- Mason jar or metal bowl with lid
- Pour almond oil into a large mason jar with lid, or into a metal bowl.
- Place coffee or espresso grounds in the middle of a large piece of cheesecloth. Pull up the ends of the cheesecloth and time it with kitchen string. Place the bag of grounds in the jar or bowl with the almond oil.
- Screw on the lid or cover the bowl thoroughly and place in a cool, dry space. Allow to steep for one week.
- After a week has passed, open the jar or remove the top from the bowl and remove the bag with coffee grounds.
- To ensure no grounds got into the oil, strain the oil through a fine mesh sieve.
- Once the almond oil has been strained, add 2 tablespoons avocado oil, and stir to combine.
- Using a measuring cup or glass cup with a pourable spout, pour the infused oil into glass roll-on bottles. Screw on the tops of the bottles.
- Store eye serum in a cool, dry place for up to 8 months. Store in the refrigerator if you want a cooling sensation to help wake up tired eyes!
Read more about the potential ways avocado oil can benefit a beauty regimen on Mark's Daily Apple, the blog of Primal Kitchen founder Mark Sisson, in these articles:
- 9 Ways to Take Advantage of Avocado Oil's Skin and Hair Benefits
- 12 Surprising Things You Can Do with Avocado Oil