Sweet Potato California Rolls
Packed with flavor and an amazing combination of colorful veggies, these delicious, homemade California rolls are dairy-free, soy-free rolls are a guaranteed hit at any dinner party or work lunch. Plus, they're super fun and easy to make and topped with our brand new Primal Kitchen® Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette & Marinade made with Avocado Oil. You'll feel like a true chef in no time!
Sesame Ginger Dressing
The star of this fresh dish is our Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette & Marinade. Unbelievably flavorful, our Sesame Ginger Dressing is specifically designed to totally revolutionize all your favorite Asian dishes and nutrient-rich salads. Whether you're making hand rolls, serving sushi, or devouring pad thai, you can finally dip, slather, and drizzle to your heart's content with this savory, gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free dressing.
Infused with avocado oil, organic apple cider vinegar, and lightly roasted sesame seeds, this dressing is packed with ingredients designed to support a healthy, well-balanced diet. Primal Kitchen’s Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette & Marinade with Avocado Oil is the perfect condiment for changing up your favorite recipes and taking your culinary adventures to new heights.
Sweet Potato California Rolls
Time: 35 min
Serving Size: 2
- 2 heads butter lettuce (cut into 3-inch wide strips)
- 1 whole Japanese sweet potato
- 4 large carrots (julienned)
- Tuna (cubed)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced thin)
- 1/2 cucumber (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 4 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Chop the sweet potato into cubes. Place the pieces in a blender or food processor, and pulse into rice-sized pieces.
- Heat Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add the sweet potato "rice" to the pan, and stir the pieces slowly until they're thoroughly coated in oil.
- Cover the pan, and let the sweet potato "rice" steam for 2-3 minutes until it becomes soft. Take the sweet potatoes off the heat and spread them out on a plate. Let them sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes until they cool down.
- Lay the slices of butter lettuce out on a flat surface. Spread sweet potato rice out over the strips of lettuce, leaving 1/2 inch free along the bottom edge. Use the back of a spoon to gently compress the sweet potatoes and push them down onto the lettuce "nori wrap".
- Layer avocado slices and carrot horizontally across the sweet potato rice, no more than 1-inch thick. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Next, add a layer of the julienned carrots.
- Add a few cubes of fresh tuna.
- Finish with a layer of finely chopped cucumber.
- Roll the sushi starting with the side closest to you until the seam side faces down. Slice with a sharp, serrated knife. Pin together with tooth picks.
- Serve with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette & Marindade for dipping.
Sweet Potato California Rolls30 mins Serves 2 Ingredients: 2 heads butter lettuce 4 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger Dressing 1 whole Japanese sweet potato 4 large carrots 1 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger Dressing Sea salt
Also in News
Whether you're throwing a neighborhood barbecue, heading out for a lunchtime picnic, or enjoying dinner with the family, this is the perfect side dish to keep everyone coming back for more.