It’s that time of year again! With school just around the corner, it can be a lifesaver to have a few quick, easy, and nutritious meals on deck that you know will be a hit with the kids. This August is about taste and ease—filling up plates with flavorful, real foods that make everyone happy, healthy, and ready to take on busier schedules and shorter days.
1. Salty Girl Seafood Salmon Bites
About Salty Girl Seafood
When you are buying and serving seafood, it’s important to know about both the sustainability of your purchase, and the amount of mercury present in the fish you’re buying. Thankfully, there are brands that go the extra mile to do that job for you, including Salty Girl Seafood.
Salty Girl Seafood focuses on “sustainable, traceable seafood”. Founded out of love and a deep appreciation for the ocean, Salty Girl Seafood ensures that their products are sustainable, nutrient-dense, delicious, and safe. Supporting small-scale fishermen, Salty Girl Seafood has partnered with the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch and other advocacy groups to make sure that they support only sustainable fisheries. All products are made from 100% real ingredients, and 1% of all Salty Girl Seafood's annual profits are donated to environmental non-profit work.
At Primal Kitchen®, we love the Salty Girl Seafood's Salmon Bites, packed with protein, nutrient dense veggies, and omega-3s to support healthy brain development. Salty Girl Seafood’s Salmon Bites aren’t breaded or fried, and they contain absolutely no gluten, dairy, GMOs, or sugar. Free from preservatives and any artificial additives, Salty Girl Seafoods’s Salmon Bites pair perfectly with Primal Kitchen® Ranch Dressing or Primal Kitchen® Chipotle Lime Mayo.
Dip Salty Girl Seafood's Salmon Bites into Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing, and let the kids have fun munching on healthy fats, protein, and nutritious veggies!
- Prepare salmon bites.
- Dip and enjoy!
2. Ranch Veggie Nibbles
If your kids are a bit more adventurous, and hiding the veggies is less imperative, then have them dip little slices of veggies directly into Primal Kitchen® Mayo!
Creating a colorful arrangement of various veggies teaches kids to fill their plates with all the colors of the rainbow. And parents can love that a colorful veggie platter is filled with nutrient-dense foods that help their children grow. Adding Primal Kitchen® Mayo to the mix adds fun, flavor, and tons of healthy fats and high-ORAC spices for growing kids.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 5 carrots
- 1/1 cup baby tomatoes
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 cup of broccoli heads
- Primal Kitchen® Mayo
- Jilz Gluten Free Crackerz
- Slice the red pepper, carrots, and celery stalks into long slices.
- Cut the broccoli heads up into bite sized pieces
- Arrange all the veggies in a decorative “rainbow wheel”.
- Fill up a small cup with Primal Kitchen® Mayo.
- Dip and enjoy!
3. Safe Catch Tuna Salad with Primal Kitchen® Mayo
Safe Catch Tuna takes both sustainability and safety seriously, offering nutrient-dense tuna without fillers or additives, GMOs, or BPA. Safe Catch Tuna is hand cut, hand-packed, and slow cooked to maintain both the tuna’s flavor and its nutritional benefits, including brain-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and 35 grams of lean protein.
In addition, Safe Catch partners with the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch, ensuring that they work only with sustainable fisheries. Safe Catch also maintains mercury standards 10x more stringent than those of the FDA.
Of course it's one thing to serve your kids tuna, and another for them to actually eat it. Make tuna salad with Primal Kitchen® Mayo! This simple dish is quick to make, and a sure success if you spread it over organic, gluten-free Jilz crackers for a simple, calorie-rich snack, or onto a few slices of toasted, gluten-free bread for savory lunchtime sandwiches!
- Two cans of Safe Catch Elite Tuna
- 4 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 4 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons organic mustard
- Black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup Primal Kitchen® Mayo
- Drain the canned tuna of water.
- Break apart the tuna with a fork.
- Add the tuna, celery, parsley, onion, mustard, and Primal Kitchen® Mayo together in a bowl.
- Sprinkle on a few good pinches of black pepper, add a few squeezes of lemon juice.
- Mix everything together.
4. Protein Nutmeal Breakfast Bowls with Primal Kitchen® Collagen Fuel
Breakfast is an important meal for kids, as it provides them with the energy and nutrients they need to power through the school day. Set your kids up for success with "Nutmeal", made with Primal Kitchen® Collagen Fuel and served in EzPz bowls. There's no way they'll be able to resist these cute faces, and they'll be getting in all the protein and fruits they need.
EzPz has come up with a full suite of products including happy mats and happy bowls that merge serving pieces and placemats. All EzPz products are 100% silicon and free of BPA, BPS, PVS and phthalate. They're also hypo allergenic and dishwasher safe!
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup raw almonds (preferably soaked)
- ¼ cup raw pecans (preferably soaked)
- ½ cup coconut milk (could sub nut milk or cow’s milk)
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen® Vanilla Coconut Collagen Fuel
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- In a high-powered blender, purée the coconut flakes, almonds, and pecans until they're finely ground.
- Add in the milk, Primal Kitchen® Coconut Vanilla Collagen Fuel, and a pinch of salt. Blend everything together until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Pour the breakfast mix into the EzPz serving bowls. Add more of your favorite milk, if needed, plus any desired additional add-ins.
- Top with berries, banana, coconut flakes to make cute faces and adorable designs.
5. Primal Kitchen® Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream
If the kids are craving something sweet, we've got your covered. At Primal Kitchen®, we're all about desserts that are not only guilt free and satiating, but body nourishing as well.
Be prepared for your family to be blown away by this incredibly creamy ice cream, made Primal Kitchen® Chocolate Coconut Collagen Fuel, and antioxidant rich cacao powder!
This ice cream is full of healthy fats and collagen to support growing joints and active bodies.
- Ice cream maker
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 1 scoop Primal Kitchen® Chocolate Coconut Collagen Fuel
- ¼ cup macadamia butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (without propylene glycol)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt
- Whisk the coconut milk, Primal Kitchen® Collagen Fuel, macadamia butter, vanilla, cacao powder, and salt together until smooth.
- Follow the instructions of your ice cream maker for churning.
- Place in the freezer for 20 min.
- Serve with a few raspberries or strawberries on top.