It's that time of year again when the weekends turn into a beautiful whirlwind of football games, pumpkin patches and Halloween parties. As the social calendars fill up, we know you'll want some fun, easy, and festive appetizers, party favors, and game day treats to share!
Blogger and nutritionist extraordinaire Alexandra Catalano's Stuffed Red Pepper Taco Bowls are one great idea to try this fall! Fill sweet bell peppers with shredded chicken breast, black beans, creamy Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil, fresh cilantro, and all your favorite spices. Bake the peppers in an oven or crockpot for a heavenly dish brimming with savory aroma and rich autumn flavors.
About Alexandra Catalano
Alexandra Catalano is a holistic nutritionist, author, keynote speaker, healthy lifestyle expert and creator of the popular lifestyle brand Eat Cute. She is a proud graduate of the University of Southern California, as well as The Institute of Integrative Nutrition.
Traveling the country, Alexandra lectures at colleges and corporate events, provides nutritional counseling and meal plans, cooking demonstrations, and cleanse programs. She has appeared on FOX, Hallmark Home and Family, Lifetime's Supermarket Superstar, Good Day LA, WGN Chicago News, Women's Forum TV, The CW, San Diego Living, Comedy Central, and is the resident nutritionist on The Elite Daily Show. She has written health articles for publications such as Muscle & Fitness Magazine, Daily Makeover, Active.com, FOX News Magazine, and FabfitFUn. Alexandra has helped hundreds of clients across the country meet their healthy lifestyle goals, and has hosted countless workshops across the nation, including at Whole Foods, Barreworks, and WeWork.
STUFFED RED PEPPER TACO BOWLS WITH PRIMAL KITCHEN® AVOCADO OIL
- 3 tablespoons of Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- 1 can black beans
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- 2 cups of shredded taco breast
- 1 tsp salt
- Chopped minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper
For the turkey meat...
- In a skillet, add a tablespoon of Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil and heat the pan on low.
- In a small, separate bowl mix cumin, salt, garlic, cilantro, oregano, and cayenne together.
- Add turkey in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring to break up clumps, until it's no longer pink (usually 3-5 minutes).
- Add onions and black beans.
For the pepper...
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the top of the red pepper.
- Scoop out the seeds, and clean out the inside of the pepper.
- Place the pepper on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Lightly drizzle in Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil and sea salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until soft and lightly blackened.
- Let the pepper cool.
Putting it all together...
- Spoon the turkey mixture into the center of each pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro.