Turkey Burger Lettuce Wraps
Start your summer off right with irresistibly delicious Tropical Lettuce Wraps made with Applegate Organics® Turkey Burgers and our bestselling Primal Kitchen® Classic Mayo! It's the perfect time of year to bring together family and friends, fire up the grill, and whip up everyone's favorite dish designed by Whole30 Chef Sarah Steffens. Pair these amazing turkey lettuce wraps with pineapple slices and fresh cilantro for a true seasonal feast packed with mouthwatering flavor! Whole30 and Paleo-Approved, it's hard to go wrong with this rockstar list of ingredients and a gorgeous spread of organic meats and veggies.
Applegate is committed to providing only the highest quality organic meats made without any hormones, antibiotics, or GMO ingredients. Visit their website for a full range of cheese, deli meat, beef, poultry, corn dogs, and bacon products. All of Applegate's animals are humanely raised, and all of their products are free of nitrates, preservatives, and artificial ingredients. Visit Applegate today, and learn more about their amazing commitment to sourcing, integrity, quality, transparency, and flavor.
Turkey Burger Lettuce Wraps
Time: 50 min
- 4 Applegate Organics® Turkey Burgers
- 1 red or yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 pineapple rings
- Sprinkle of chili pepper (optional)
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 4 heaping Tbs. Primal Kitchen Classic Mayo (to garnish)
- 1 head of butter lettuce (torn as individual leaves)
- Cilantro (to garnish)
- Dust each pineapple ring with chili pepper (optional).
- Fire up your grill or cast iron skillet (coat with 1 tablespoon coconut oil if using a cast iron skillet) and grill each pineapple ring until it is warmed through and begins to caramelize (about 3 minutes per side). Set aside.
- Add the sliced onions and coconut aminos to the same pan, and grill the onions until they're soft and translucent (about 10 minutes). Set aside with the pineapple rings.
- Grill each turkey burger patty until it's fully cooked through (5-6 minutes per side.)
- Arrange the butter leaves on a platter. Stack a turkey burger patty, pineapple ring, grilled onions and generous serving of avocado and Primal Kitchen Classic Mayo inside each leaf.
- Garnish each patty with fresh cilantro.
1 GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL RECEIVE: Primal Kitchen's full line of Whole30 Approved Avocado Oils, Dressings/Marinades and Mayos + a signed Primal Kitchen Cookbook, a Variety of Whole30 Approved meat products from Applegate (16 total) AND all 3 Whole30 Cookbooks—signed by Melissa Hartwig!
And regardless of whether or not you take home the grand prize, we're giving everyone who orders a Whole30 Starter Kit by 6/1, a FREE bottle of Primal Kitchen Lemon Turmeric Dressing & Marinade. To redeem, shop through this link or add both items to your cart and use code WHOLE30BBQ at checkout. (Limit 1 per customer.)