HARVEST SALAD WITH SESAME AVOCADO
- 1/2 acorn squash
- 2 yellow beets
- 2 purple beets
- 1 cup endive, chopped
- 1 cup baby greens
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Cut acorn squash into 1/2-inch slices. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, lightly salt and roast for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- To prepare raw beets, bring water to boil and cook until soft. Set aside to cool, peel and slice.
- Spread sesame seeds out on waxed paper or cutting board. Cut avocado in half, remove pit and peel. Roll each half in sesame seeds until the exteriors are fully covered. Slice.
- Combine roasted acorn squash, beets, endive and baby greens. Add sesame avocado slices.
- Drizzle with Extra Virgin Avocado Oil and your choice of vinegar to taste.
About Janée Meadows (@maedus)
Janée Meadows is the author and illustrator of Lil Grok Meets the Korgs: an epic tale of adventure based on Mark Sissons best-seller, The Primal Blueprint. As graphic designer for Primal Kitchen, she loves getting away from the desk and into the kitchen to cook up primal eats whenever she can.