Grilled romaine is the perfect summer classic: great for long days and warm August nights. Make this dish flavorful and nutrient dense with savory croutons made with Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix, and the healthy fats found in Primal Kitchen® Caesar Dressing and Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil!
Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix is a grain-free, gluten free mix made from all real ingredients. Taking the hassle out of baking, Simple Mills is changing the food industry one recipe at a time by providing healthy and wholesome alternatives to our favorite baked goods.
Enjoy this seasonal dish, inspired by the work of Joshua Wissman and his Slim Palate recipe: Grilled Romaine Toasted with Almonds. We’ve added in creamy Primal Kitchen® Caesar Dressing for lots of healthy avocado oil, high-ORAC spices, and specialty organic ingredients like apple cider vinegar. Paired with such a yummy dairy-free condiment, this dish is truly to die for.
- 2 heads of romaine
- ¼ cup almonds toasted and chopped
- Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- Primal Kitchen Caesar Dressing
- Optional: Grated parmesan cheese
- Make a loaf of bread, following the list of instructions on the back of the Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix.
- Once the bread is finished baking, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Dice the bread into 1-inch cubes, and spread the cubes out evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Toast the bread cubes at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, or until they become crispy and golden.
- Preheat a gas grill to high heat.
- Slice each romaine head in half and brush both sides with Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- Place the romaine on the hot grill grates for 2-4 minutes each side.
- Toss the almonds into a small skillet over medium heat. Lightly toast the pieces, stirring them occasionally to prevent them from burning until they’re slightly browned.
- Drizzle Primal Kitchen Caesar Dressing over the heads of romaine, and finish with a sprinkle of roasted almonds.