Tangy, moist, tender, zesty, a touch spicy and herby, versatile, quick, and easy, this Whole30 ranch chicken is a set-it-and-forget-it recipe that compliments dozens of recipes and uses. Four simple ingredients transform boring chicken thighs and bland breasts into a palate-tingling protein perfect for weekly meal prep or make-ahead meals for the family. This recipe makes two pounds of chicken—a combination of breast and thigh meat—that can be stored in the refrigerator for four to five days in an airtight container, or in resealable bags stored in the freezer for three months. Bookmark this recipe, pin it, or save it because you’ll want to make it again and again to get you through Whole30 and beyond.
Because this easy Whole30 chicken packs so much flavor, it can spruce up endless versions of riced or spiralized veggies, tender salad greens, macro bowls, baked potatoes, or sliced sweet potato toasts. Pile diced Whole30 ranch chicken into bib lettuce cups with sliced grape tomatoes, avocado, and fresh cilantro for tortilla-free Whole30 tacos; shred and add to a Whole30 soup made with chicken bone broth, plenty of diced veggies, and fresh thyme; sauté with spiralized squash noodles, julienned bell peppers and onions for a Whole30 Southwest spaghetti.
Whole30 Instant Pot Ranch Chicken
Time: 25 minutes
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 tablespoons Primal Palate Taco Seasoning*
- 1 cup Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing
*If you like things more spicy, use 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning. If you’re making the chicken for children or those who don’t enjoy any spice, use 1 tablespoon.
- Instant Pot
- Spray the inside bottom of the Instant Pot with avocado oil spray.
- Coat chicken pieces with taco seasoning, then place into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Pour in ranch dressing.
- Seal lid and set to Poultry (if your pot doesn’t have a Poultry button, set to manual for 15 minutes).
- When cycle is complete, allow pressure to release naturally.
- Remove lid, take chicken out and slice, dice, shred, or leave whole.
- Serve with extra ranch dressing, if desired.
Nutritional information (per serving: 4 ounces cooked chicken):
Carbs: 2 grams
Fat: 21 grams
Protein: 33 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other Whole30 recipes:
- Whole30 Lasagna
- Whole30 Macro Bowl
- Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado and Egg
- Whole30 Lunch and Dinner Recipes
- Whole30 Low-Carb Spaghetti with Tomato Basil Marinara
- Whole30 Cooking Tips and Recipes
- Whole30 Meatballs with Zoodles and Roasted Garlic Marinara
- Garlic and Olive Oil "Pasta"
- Shortcut Whole30 Bolognese