This Whole30® compliant fajita frittata brings bold new flavor to breakfast without being overly complicated! Seasoned steak and peppers are sautéed and then baked with eggs, resulting in a flavorful breakfast that can be sliced into portions and eaten at home or on the go.
Unlike scrambled eggs or omelets, a frittata tastes just as good if it’s cooked ahead of time and then warmed up the next day or eaten straight out of the fridge, so this recipe is a great way to get a head start on your meals!
- 1 pound skirt or flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 poblano or green bell peppers, cut into thin rounds or strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin rounds or strips
- 10 eggs, whisked (We love Vital Farms eggs)
- 1 small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo
- Season steak with cumin, chili powder and salt. Preheat oven broiler to high. Heat avocado oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet (we used our @lodgecastiron) over medium-high heat on the stove. Add steak. Sauté 3 minutes (meat should be just slightly pink) then add garlic and peppers.
- Sauté 3 minutes more then add eggs and a handful of cilantro. Stir quickly then turn heat down to medium. Let cook 3-4 minutes, until the egg is set around the edges but still runny in the middle.
- Transfer the pan to the oven under the broiler and cook until the frittata is golden and firm in the middle, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing up. Add a healthy dollop of Chipotle Lime Mayo.