Whether it’s the dead of winter or the peak of summer, a refreshing, smooth mojito always sounds like a good idea. The sweet burst of mint cuts the sour tang of lime and the sweetened soda water mellow the bite of rum; close your eyes while sipping this iconic drink and you can be transported instantly to the tropics (even if there’s six feet of snow on the ground where you are).
We gave the traditional mojito a more modern upgrade by replacing the rum with mezcal, removing added refined sugar, using our Collagen Quench Mango Pineapple sweetened with fruit juice powders, and making the drink even more thirst-quenching with a blend of coconut water and club soda. We used pink coconut water to give the drink a fetching blush, and lined the rim of the glass with flaky sea salt to enhance the lime-mint freshness even more.
Tropical Collagen Mojito
Time: 5 minutes
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen Collagen Quench Mango Pineapple Collagen Peptide Mix
- 1 cup pink Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 ounces mezcal
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 cup flaky sea salt
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 can club soda
- In a cocktail shaker or large glass, mix collagen with coconut water. Don’t worry about getting clumps out at this stage. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, the collagen should start to bloom and come to the surface of the coconut water. Break up the collagen clumps with the back of a spoon. Stir the mixture for about 10 seconds. Let stand another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take 6-8 fresh mint leaves and bruise the leaves with the back of a spoon. Add the mint leaves to coconut collagen mixture. Pour in lime juice and mezcal, and stir.
- Run a lime wedge along the lips of two glasses.
- Pour flaky sea salt in the bottom of a shallow bowl or dish. Place each glass, lip side down, in the sea salt and turn a few times until the flaky salt sticks to the lip. Stand glasses right side up.
- Fill each glass with about half a cup of ice each.
- Pour collagen coconut lime mezcal mixture equally into both glasses. Top off with club soda. Add a few more mint leaves, if desired, for garnish.
Nutritional information (per serving):
Carbs: 11.5 grams
Fat: 0 grams
Protein: 10.2 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other collagen cocktail recipes: