Fueling up for a night of tricks and treats? Channel your inner Halloween spirit with Spooky Stuffed Pepper Jack-O-Lanterns!
Add jalapeños for a little extra spice, and top off the lanterns with a generous drizzle of Primal Kitchen® Ranch Dressing for a rich blast of savory flavor and (pro-tip!) ghastly finish.
Although these stuffed peppers may look ghoulish, there’s definitely nothing scary about their ingredients. Primal Kitchen’s Whole30 Approved, dairy-free Ranch Dressing is full of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and the classic, creamy ranch flavor you know and love. Include peppers and cauliflower for Vitamin C, plus tomatoes, garlic, and oregano for a full suite of antioxidants to make this dish a true superfood holiday meal!
Spooky Pepper Jack-O-Lanterns with Primal Kitchen®
- 2 pounds ground pork (or a combination of pork and beef)
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 large onion
- 2 carrots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dry or fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Primal Kitchen® Ranch Dressing
- Optional: jalapeños (diced)
- Cut the tops of the peppers and clean the seeds out.
- Cut out jack-o-lantern faces in the sides of the peppers.
- Arrange peppers in the Crock-Pot standing up and make sure they fit securely.
- Mince onion, carrots, garlic and cauliflower in the food processor. You can also just chop them into small pieces with a knife if you don’t have a food processor.
- In a big bowl, combine ground pork, shredded vegetables, seasonings, diced tomatoes, and jalapeños (optional).
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stuff the peppers with the mixture and arrange the leftover meat between the peppers. Drizzle on top a generous amount of Primal Kitchen® Ranch Dressing.
- Place the peppers’ tops back on. Add half a cup of water, cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.