October 09, 2016
Fueling up for a night of tricks and treats? Channel your inner Halloween spirit with Spooky Stuffed Pepper Jack-O-Lanterns! Add jalapeños for a little extra spice, and top off the lanterns with a generous drizzle of Primal Kitchen® Ranch Dressing for a rich blast of savory flavor and (pro-tip!) ghastly finish.
Halloween can be a very busy night, so get ahead of the festivities and make these stuffed jack-o-lanterns in the morning—simply prep the ingredients while you're making breakfast, and place in the slow cooker to cook while you go about your day. When it's time to help the kids get ready for a night of trick-or-treating and Halloween parties, you'll already have dinner ready to fill them up right before they fill up on too many treats!
Spooky Pepper Jack-O-Lanterns
- 2 pounds ground pork (or a combination of pork and beef)
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 large onion
- 2 carrots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dry or fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Primal Kitchen® Ranch Dressing
- Optional: jalapeños (diced)
- Cut the tops of the peppers and clean the seeds out.
- Cut out jack-o-lantern faces in the sides of the peppers.
- Arrange peppers in a slow cooker standing up and make sure they fit securely.
- Mince onion, carrots, garlic and cauliflower in the food processor. You can also just chop them into small pieces with a knife if you don’t have a food processor.
- In a big bowl, combine ground pork, shredded vegetables, seasonings, diced tomatoes, and jalapeños (optional).
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stuff the peppers with the mixture and arrange the leftover meat between the peppers. Drizzle on top a generous amount of Primal Kitchen® Ranch Dressing.
- Place the peppers’ tops back on. Add half a cup of water, cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.