Eating healthy does mean sacrificing your favorite things! Elizabeth from @college_housewife makes an incredible pizza, made with gluten free flatbread, antioxidant-rich ingredients, and heart-healthy Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil.
Roasted Heirloom Tomato Flatbread
- 1-1 1/2 pint heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 cup slow roasted garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil
- 5 tablespoons of Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- salt + pepper
- 1 rectangle flat bread (10×5 inches)*
- Optional: Mozzarella Cheese
- *Choose your favorite flatbread or try a homemade gluten free flatbread recipe!
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss tomatoes with 3 tablespoons of Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil, 2 tablespoons of minced rosemary, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spread the tomatoes out evenly on a baking sheet, and bake for 20-30 minutes (or until tomatoes burst).
- Brush the flatbread with the remaining oil, add roasted garlic cloves, and arrange roasted tomatoes evenly over the bread.
- Bake the bread for an additional 5-10 minutes. Top with chopped basil.
About Elizabeth from TheCollegeHousewife.com
Elizabeth is a 23-year-old Southern California native and a lover of all things creative! As a kid she remembers playing blocks with her Dad, coloring after school, and having the freedom to put on blue eye shadow on if she wanted. All of these things morphed her into the creative person that she is today, although in some ways her love for cooking happened by accident. After Elizabeth graduated from high school, she didnt know what she wanted to do with her life, so she got a job at Williams Sonoma and consumed myself with all things gourmet. Needless to say, she's been covered in flour and had a closet full of table décor ever since. The camera has always been around her neck, and it always will be. Today, Elizabeth is almost through college and entirely loving life. On the weekends you can catch her throwing a dinner party for friends, frolicking around Colorado with Jared, or trying a new sushi restaurant.
Find out more at thecollegehousewife.com, or follow Elizabeth’s beautiful photography on Instagram at @college_housewife!