Cristina Curp from @thecastawaykitchen created a dreamy Mediterranean hummus-style dip with our Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, cauliflower, and macadamia nuts.
As the daughter of Cuban immigrants, Cristina’s fiery go-getter personality has driven The Castaway Kitchen to grow considerably in it’s first year, and she will be publishing her first e-book this fall! Through her creative recipes and beautiful pictures, Cristina is driven to inspire others to take their health in to their own hands, to eat beautiful, nourishing meals and have fun doing it! Follow along with Cristina on Instagram at @thecastawaykitchen.
Roasted Cauliflower & Macadamia Nut Hummus
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1/4 small onion
- 4-5 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 3 lemons
- Chop cauliflower into 1-inch pieces.
- Peel garlic cloves.
- Dice onion.
- Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces.
- Slice 1 lemon.
- Toss everything on a sheet pan with 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread out vegetable and bacon mixture on sheet pan, and add garlic cloves to the top of a piece of bacon or lemon slice.
- Place in the oven and roast for 40 minutes.
- Next, prepare food processor. Add the remaining two lemons, minced parsley and 1 tablespoon of capers to blend mixture.
- With 10 minutes left on the timer of your roasted vegetable and bacon mixture, add the macadamia nuts to the sheet pan in the oven. Roast for remaining 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Then, add vegetable, bacon and nuts to the food processor.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the Extra Virgin Avocado Oil. Keep the mixture moving until it is smooth or almost smooth. Cristina likes her vegetable hummus a little bit on the chunky side, so blend to your desired texture.
- Serve hummus in a large plate or bowl. Make well in the center, fill with one tablespoon of capers, bacon bits, macadamia nuts, herbs and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Avocado Oil.