As artful, inspired, and creative as they are tasty, smoothie bowls offer a spoonable way to savor and slow down. When it comes to blended drinks, you can unceremoniously gulp 300–400 or more calories quite quickly, possibly tricking your brain into not making the satiety connection. If you’ve ever felt ravenous an hour after slurping your morning post-workout smoothie (straw cups are cute, but they increase the speed at which you empty that cup) and start hunting for a snack, consider toting your ready-made smoothie, a bowl and spoon, plus healthy and satisfying toppings such as fresh fruit, chia seeds, nut butter, flaked unsweetened coconut, goji berries, and raw nuts or seeds with you. Even if you have to assemble and eat it at your desk as you whittle your inbox at work, you’ll have a beautiful breakfast to admire and appreciate. This pretty-in-pink version gets its striking magenta hue from pitaya (a.k.a. dragon fruit) and strawberries, and gets bursting sweetness from pomegranate seeds and crunch from gluten-free granola.
Pitaya Berry Smoothie Bowl with Collagen
Time: 5 minutes
For the smoothie:
- ½ cup frozen pitaya (dragon fruit)
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup (or less) organic full-fat coconut milk*
- 1 scoop Vanilla Collagen Fuel Drink Mix
*You may not need the entire half-cup; it depends on how thick you want your smoothie.
For the toppings:
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup gluten-free granola
- 1 tablespoon sunflower butter
- Place all smoothie ingredients into the Vitamix and blend until smooth. Pour smoothie into a bowl.
- Top with pomegranate seeds, granola, and sunflower butter.
Nutritional information (per serving):
Carbs: 43 grams
Net Carbs: 35.7
Fat: 20 grams
Protein: 19 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer. Nutritional info may vary depending on the type of granola you use.
You might also like these other collagen smoothie bowl recipes:
- Golden Honey Smoothie Bowl
- Tropical Vanilla Coconut Collagen Smoothie Bowl
- Red, White, and Blue Smoothie Bowls
- Protein Nutmeal Breakfast Bowls
- Paleo Passion Fruit Unicorn Bowls
- Blueberry Muffin Smoothie Bowl