Cheap, cheery, delightfully delectable, and great for kids, cookie mixes in a jar supply thoughtful, homemade gifts that can be customized to suit tastes (and dietary preferences) and made in bulk so that everyone on your holiday list—including the mail person, neighbors, the kids’ soccer teams, and your coworkers—is covered. Believe it or not, you can make a Primal/paleo, gluten and grain-free version of cookie mix in a jar. Simply swap out the refined sugar, all-purpose flour, chocolate or other add-ins that aren’t made with compliant ingredients, and suggest to your recipients that they use butter, ghee, coconut or avocado oil as the fat in their cookie dough—and you’re golden.
Pecan Sandie Cookie Mix in a Jar
Time: 5 minutes
Servings: Mix makes 16 cookies
For the cookie mix:
- 10 tablespoons brown sugar Swerve
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 scoops Primal Fuel Vanilla Coconut Whey Protein
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel Drink Mix - Vanilla
- ⅓ cup pecans
For dusting on baked cookies (optional):
- 2 tablespoons Swerve confectioner’s sweetener
- 2 tablespoons Primal Fuel Vanilla Coconut Whey Protein
Additional ingredients people will need to complete the cookie dough:
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter (8 tablespoons)
- 5 teaspoons full-fat coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 32-ounce mason jar*
*Ingredients in the amounts listed above fill one 32-ounce mason jar. Double, triple, quadruple, etc., this recipe depending on how many cookie mix jars you need.
- Layer the cookie mix ingredients into the mason jar (in the following order, as desired):
- Brown sugar Swerve
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Whey protein
- Collagen Fuel
- Seal the mason jar.
- On a gift tag, write: Visit https://www.marksdailyapple.com/low-carb-pecan-sandies/ for baking instructions.
- Affix the gift tag as well as a baggie of the dusting ingredients, if desired, to a festive piece of string. Tie string around the top lip of the mason jar.
Nutritional information (per cookie):
Net Carbs: 2 grams
Fat: 25 grams
Protein: 8 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other collagen treat recipes: