Spice up the kitchen with this delicious Moroccan Chicken made with mouthwatering Primal Kitchen® Lemon Turmeric Vinaigrette & Marinade. Infused with exotic spices and a rich combination of ginger, cinnamon, paprika, coriander, and cumin, this dish is bursting with authentic flavor and an irresistible aroma.
Sautéed in Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil, a high heat cooking oil with monounsaturated fats, and Lemon Turmeric Vinaigrette & Marinade, a gluten-free, soy-free condiment made with turmeric and organic apple cider vinegar, this dish comes packed with a punch and all the benefits of nutritious, real food ingredients.
Serve with green beans and over cauliflower rice for a grain-free, veggie-rich dinner or lunch.
Moroccan Chicken with Lemon Turmeric
Time: 1 hour
- 2 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (with skin on)
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Lemon Turmeric Vinaigrette & Marinade
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 cups green beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Heat two tablespoons of Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove the bones by cutting away the connective tissue with either a knife or kitchen scissors. Pat them dry with paper towels (don't skip this step—it will help the skin get crispy!).
- Season with salt.
- Add chicken breasts to hot pan, skin-side down. Let them get golden brown (about 8–10 minutes). Flip and cook a minute or two more. Next, move the chicken on to baking sheet and pop into hot oven to bake for 20–30 minutes (until internal registers 165°F).
- Drain the fat from the cast-iron skillet, until there are roughly only two tablespoons of fat left in the skillet. Keep the chicken warm over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion, garlic, and ginger in Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil until they're soft and slightly browned. Add the spices, and sauté a minute more.
- Next, add tomatoes, Primal Kitchen Lemon Turmeric Vinaigrette & Marinade, water, cilantro, and sliced lemon. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the green beans in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and toss in Primal Kitchen Lemon Turmeric Vinaigrette & Marinade to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, and throw into a food processor. Blend until you achieve a rice-like consistency.
- Add the chicken to the sauté pan. Scatter green beans over the top. Sprinkle with chopped mint, and serve over cauliflower rice.