We couldn’t be more thrilled to share that Men’s Fitness recently ranked the Coconut Cashew as the #1 protein bar of 2016! Bars were ranked based on real food ingredients, quality protein sources and the most natural ingredients.
The Primal Kitchen Coconut Cashew bar gets it’s protein from grass-fed collagen, cashews, almonds and pumpkin seeds that satiate with a nutty crunch, while coconut and honey adds that creamy, sweet flavor. (With only 3 grams of sugar from honey.) Delicious for breakfast, post-workout or as an after-dinner treat.
Julie Burns, M.S., R.D., founder of SportFuel Inc.®, mentions: “I like a bar, like this, that sticks as close to real food ingredients as possible—nuts, seeds, collagen, MCT oil or coconut oil, chocolate, and so on,” Burns says.
Each Primal Kitchen collagen protein bar contains:
- 15 grams of protein with only 3 grams of sugar
- 7,500-8,300 milligrams of collagen (that’s more collagen than a cup of bone broth, and even more collagen than some of the leading collagen supplements on the market!)
- High concentrations of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats like nuts, seeds and coconut oil
- Prebiotic fiber to support optimal digestive health
- Only 12-15 grams of carbs—the lowest carb-count around!
Why make bars rich in grass-fed collagen? We’re glad you asked! Collagen is a connective protein that provides structural support to our bodies. It’s the most abundant source of protein in the body, making up our bones, tendons, ligaments, connective tissues and skin. Unfortunately, collagen production tapers off with age. A diet high in collagen can help to offset the loss of this essential structural protein.
Rest assured, Primal Kitchen bars are always free of gluten, grains, refined sugar, dairy, whey and soy. So you can enjoy without guilt or worry.