Matcha Ice Cream (No Dairy) with Recipe Video
June 29, 2020
Matcha ice cream, a version of green tea ice cream that's usually made with matcha green tea powder, is a multi-dimensional take on traditional ice cream. The matcha powder brings a bitter note and tender, vibrant green color that's balanced by the creamy texture and cool temperature of ice cream. Commercially made matcha ice creams can contain dairy, additives, and a lot of sugar or sweeteners that can mask the unique, delicate flavor of matcha. We make our no-dairy ice cream recipe with a creamy base that comes from unsweetened coconut milk combined with raw, freshly ground macadamia nuts, then flavor it with a touch of vanilla and our Matcha Collagen Keto Latte Drink Mix.
How to Make Matcha Ice Cream
Our matcha ice cream recipe takes about 15 minutes to make, not including the time it takes to freeze the ice cream bowl. Invest in an ice cream maker (you can buy one online for $20–30) to make quick work out of churning the ice cream. Our four-step no dairy ice cream recipe:
- Freeze the bowl of the ice cream maker. Ideally overnight, but at least for a few hours before you want fresh ice cream.
- Grind your own macadamia nut butter. Buy raw macadamia nuts in bulk and let your food processor or high-speed blender chop and grind it into a paste.
- Combine the ice cream ingredients in a bowl and whisk. Pour into the ice cream maker (equipped with the cold bowl inserted) and turn it on.
- Let the ice cream churn for 5–6 minutes. Scoop out contents into bowls and enjoy!
Matcha Ice Cream (No Dairy)
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 can full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup macadamia nut butter
- 3 scoops Primal Kitchen Matcha Collagen Keto Latte Drink Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Tip: Place the ice cream maker bowl in the freezer for a few hours or overnight to cool.
- Place 1 cup raw, unsalted macadamia nuts into a food processor. Process on high speed until the nuts turn into the consistency of smooth nut butter.
- Turn off the food processor and set the nut butter aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or pourable glass container, add coconut milk, macadamia nut butter, matcha collagen keto latte, vanilla, and salt. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker. Turn the ice cream maker on and churn for about 5–6 minutes.
- The ice cream is best eaten right away. Place any uneaten ice cream in a resealable container in the freezer.
Nutrition info (per serving):
Carbs: 3 grams
Fat: 9 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Nutrition information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other keto collagen recipes: