Sparkling, keto-friendly drinks that don't contain added sugar or alcohol are in demand for good reason. When you cut back on sugar, alcohol, and sometimes even dairy, your beverage options suddenly shrink to water, unsweetened tea or coffee, and milk alternatives (such as coconut or almond milks). One viable option for adding flavor and interest to ordinary flat or sparkling water: Use flavored, keto-friendly collagen powder. You can whisk our fruit-flavored Collagen Hydrate powders into flat or sparkling water for a hint of berry or mango-pineapple flavor, or make a more special mocktail that's spiced, fruity, and bubbly.
Keto Spiced Ginger Fizz
Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 scoop Primal Kitchen Collagen Quench Triple Berry
- 3/4 cup Spindrift Lemon Sparkling Water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Keto Ginger Spiced Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 2 lime slices
Ingredients for Keto Ginger Spiced Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup monk fruit (we used Lakanto)
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
To make the Keto Ginger Spiced Simple Syrup:
- Bring ginger, allspice, cloves, cinnamon stick and 1 cup of water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve. Pour the mixture back into the sauce pan.
- Add monk fruit and stir until dissolved. Whisk in xanthan gum.
- Turn off stove, then pour the syrup into a glass jar and allow to cool.
To make the Keto Spiced Ginger Fizz:
- Mix Spindrift Sparkling Water with the Primal Kitchen Collagen Quench Triple Berry. Stir and allow to dissolve for a few minutes. Stir again.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Keto Ginger Spiced Simple Syrup and 1 tablespoon of lime juice, and mix together.
- To serve, pour over ice and garnish with lime slices.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Carbs: 14 grams
Carbs from Sugar Alcohol: 12 grams
Fat: 0 grams
Protein: 2.5 grams