This drink is sunshine in a glass. Packed with vitamin C, anti-inflammatory fresh ginger, and collagen to support hair, skin, nails and joints, it’s great to sip any time you feel a bit under the weather. The slight heat from the fresh ginger and a pinch of cayenne pepper counter the sweetness of the fresh orange and carrot juices. It’s the perfect morning (or even late afternoon) caffeine-free pick-me-up.
Golden Turmeric Tonic
Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 (recipe yields 2½ cups; 1 serving is approximately 1¼ cups)
- 1 scoop Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel Drink Mix – Golden Turmeric
- 1 cup of carrot juice
- 1 1/2 cups of orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a Vitamix or high-speed blender, and blend on high until completely liquified and smooth. Pour into small glasses and enjoy!
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Carbs: 32 grams
Net Carbs: 30 grams
Fat: 1.85 grams
Protein: 7.5 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other sips boosted with collagen: