This no-muss, no-fuss chicken dinner for one is as easy as it gets. You simply preheat the oven, chop some bell peppers and onion, season a chicken breast, then wrap the chicken and veggies into a parchment packet to bake in the oven. In just 40 minutes (or less), you can have a homemade, protein-packed dinner ready to plate and devour. It’s the perfect weeknight recipe to make when you don’t want to wash a bunch of dishes or spend a lot of time thinking about what to cook. We turned our cooked chicken and veggies into chicken fajitas made with grain-free tortillas, sliced avocados, cilantro leaves and Primal Kitchen BBQ Ranch Dressing as a zesty, unexpected sauce. Primal Kitchen Cilantro Lime Dressing would pair beautifully with this recipe as well.
Easy Parchment Packet BBQ Chicken Fajitas
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 chicken breast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ orange bell pepper, sliced into strips
- ¼ green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- ¼ white onion, sliced into strips
- 2 grain-free tortillas
- ¼ avocado, sliced or diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro leaves ½ tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen BBQ Ranch
- 1 lime wedge
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken breast to one large sheet of parchment paper. Add sliced bell peppers and onion to paper.
- Pull up sides of the paper. Double fold top and both ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- Place chicken parchment packet onto a baking sheet.
- Bake packet for 30–35 minutes, or until the chicken is done (internal temperature of 170ºF).
- Remove packet from oven, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut slit in the packet with a knife to vent before unfolding the paper.
- Open the parchment packet and place the chicken on a cutting board.
- Slice the chicken into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Warm two grain-free tortillas on the stove or in the oven for about 5 minutes. Remove warm tortillas and place on a plate.
- Top tortillas with sliced chicken and the peppers and onions from the packet.
- Top each fajita with a couple of slices of avocado, tomato slices, and fresh cilantro leaves.
- Drizzle fajitas with Primal Kitchen BBQ Ranch.
- Serve fajitas with a fresh lime wedge, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Carbs: 35 grams
Net Carbs: 25.6 grams
Fat: 35 grams
Protein: 46 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other Mexican-inspired recipes: