Keto & Whole30 Dijon Mustard Salmon with Recipe Video
June 18, 2020
A tasty one sheet-pan lunch or dinner main dish that's keto, Whole30, Primal/paleo, family-friendly, less than 10 ingredients, and ready in less than 30 minutes? You'll want to add this dijon mustard salmon recipe to your regular dinner and meal prep rotation (note: It's delicious cold). Most baked salmon recipes include panko or seasoned breadcrumbs in the topping that gets spooned on generously before baking, but our grain-free sauce uses only a mixture of dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest or juice, thyme, garlic, and salt and pepper to flavor the wild-caught salmon filet. All it takes is about five minutes of preparation before you can slide the salmon into the oven and let it do all the work.
To make a full 25-minute dinner or lunch, roast vegetables on another sheet pan. Simply cut the vegetables you'd like to roast about the same size, toss with about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper, and roast while you prepare and bake the salmon. Vegetable side dishes that roast in about 25 minutes include: asparagus, cherry tomatoes, green beans, shredded Brussels sprouts, small cubes of eggplant or zucchini.
Dijon Mustard Salmon
Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme, de-stemmed
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest or 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 pound wild salmon fillet
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Add thyme to a bowl. Add dijon mustard, lemon zest or juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Place salmon fillet skin-side down on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Make sure all bones are removed (run your hand over the salmon to feel for any bones). Spread the mustard mixture on top of the salmon, coating it generously.
- Place salmon in the oven and bake for 18–20 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve right away.
Nutrition info (per serving):
Carbs: 3 grams
Fat: 12 grams
Protein: 51 grams
Nutrition information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other high protein keto-friendly recipes: