Our Dark Chocolate Almond Bar is a healthy and tasty alternative to they typical sugar-laden energy bar. Not only do they pack 15 grams of protein from grass-fed collagen, nuts and seeds, they only have 3 grams of sugar from honey. In honor of National Almond Day, here are a few fun facts about almonds, one of the main ingredients of our favorite and first collagen bar!
- Almonds contain 7.62 grams of protein per 1/4 cup.
- Almonds are an excellent source of manganese, potassium, copper and vitamin E.
- Almonds also are a good source of monounsaturated fat.
- Almonds are a versatile nut, used in recipes from homemade granola to topping off yogurt parfaits.
- Learn more about the benefits of almonds on Mark’s Daily Apple.