For the days when you’ve hit it hard in the gym—like two rounds of 50 squats while holding a 45-pound kettlebell hard—or you did sprint intervals, this chicken macro bowl provides a quick and easy go-to meal. Gilded with creamy, slightly sweet and smoky Primal Kitchen BBQ Ranch Dressing and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, this chicken bowl will perk you up better than a post-workout coffee run.
Want to learn how to make tasty, restaurant-style salads at home?
Get 7 days of FREE salad recipes, instructional videos, tips and tricks, downloadable bonuses, and more! Sign Up for the 7 Days, 7 Salads Challenge.
Chicken Macro Bowl with BBQ Ranch Dressing
Time: 55 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 organic sweet potato, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 organic free-range, boneless & skinless chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups organic spinach
- ¼ cup organic cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ organic avocado
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen BBQ Ranch Dressing
- 1 wedge organic lemon
- Rub sweet potato with 1 tablespoon avocado oil and sprinkle with about ½ teaspoon of Himalayan salt.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet (skin side up/cut-side face down).
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken breast in half lengthwise so you have two thinner pieces of chicken (this will ensure the chicken cooks evenly all the way through).
- Season chicken pieces with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, and add 1 tablespoon avocado oil.
- Add chicken pieces to skillet. Leave the meat to sear on one side (don’t move it around in the skillet) for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces over and cook for another 4–5 minutes on the other side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and rest on a plate or cutting board for at least 5 minutes.
- You can tent the chicken with foil or place a clean kitchen towel over it to keep it warm, if desired.
- After the chicken has rested, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Fill a large bowl with spinach, cherry tomatoes, and avocado slices.
- Add chicken and sweet potato.
- Drizzle with BBQ Ranch Dressing, and squeeze with fresh lemon juice.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Carbs: 37 grams
Net Carbs: 26 grams
Fat: 56.4 grams
Protein: 48.4 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other chicken bowl recipes: